Wednesday, November 08, 2006

VS


Click on picture to enlarge.


Work has only been slow for a couple of days but I can’t shake the itch to do something creative with my time. So, of all things, I started illustrating. I discovered that my style is - and this should shock the crap out of you - very symmetrical and clean. No, really, it is.

Playing into that, I created this conjoined twin monster thing whose heads represent great rivalries. Well, maybe Sark vs Tron isn’t exactly a great rivalry, but I didn’t want to do something expected.

I want to do a series of these, so if you have any ideas of unusual rivalries, lemme know. I think the next one will be Spock vs Evil Spock or possibly Zorro vs Zorro The Gay Blade. Did I mention that they don’t HAVE to be rivalries? The heads can also represent two sides of something.

Anyway, gimme some cool ideas, why don’t you? THANKS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

rebecca the funny vs keith the not

chosen©er said...

Too obvious.

Wm. said...

I think these are brilliant. I LOVE that they are standing on the grid.

You should put these on shirts and go to conventions like DragonCon or maybe just local comic book stores. You could make a fortune.

Wm. said...

What about Shakespeare vs. Marlowe or '68 Comeback Elvis vs. 70's Elvis? Or maybe Young Henry V. vs. King Henry V? A mug in one hand and a sword or sceptre in the other? Am I being too obscure?

How about Lennon vs. McCartney? Mercury vs. Minelli? Tom Slick vs. Baron Otto Matic? Superchicken vs. Fred?