Monday, December 04, 2006

My Blue World

Recently, I was introduced to a band called L.E.O., an E.L.O.-inspired group made up of a buncha members of some of my favorite bands (Bleu, Jellyfish, etc.). Listening to them led me to a new appreciation for E.L.O. and that, in turn, led to the germ of an idea: A set of illustrations inspired by the titles of E.L.O. songs. Who knows where, if anywhere, it will lead.

The first one I took a crack at was Evil Woman. Love to know what you think of it.

As always, I’m open to suggestions for illustration visuals inspired by other E.L.O. songs. Being that I can’t really draw, I’m sorta restricted to my simple, graphic style, but I’ll do my best.


Click on picture to enlarge.



Click on picture for close-up.

2 comments:

chosen©er said...

I shoulda been more specific. What I MEANT to say was: If you ahve more suggestions of what VISUALS would be for other song titles, I'd love to hear 'em. I'm dying to do ones for Mr. Blue Sky and Xanadu, just haven't figured out what the visuals are yet. Hmm.

Wm. said...

I really like this. Big Wheels is my favorite but I can't seem to translate the big part just before "I remember the day that night" into a visual. I always considered the "wheels" to be cogs in a very large clock with pendulums and everything else. But the cogs and stuff move very fast, instead of slow, in contrast to the the song's lazy tempo.