Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My Blue World

Well, I think I’m done with the My Blue World series. I just don’t feel like these later ones hit the mark as much as the earlier ones did. I think part of it has to do with a lack of time I have to really think about them, and another part has to do with a long list of rules I set up for myself based on those earlier concepts. Rules like: Never show an entire face so that the people portrayed can be fairly anonymous, try to capture the least amount of information possible in order to tell the story, try to capture the story at its most interesting moment, etc.

I’ll probably be printing the series in iPhoto book form accompanied by a CD of ELO covers (since my illustrations are like covers: my take on ELO songs). Love to take credit for the CD idea but that was Bill’s genius. If you'd like a copy, lemme know.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed most of them.

1 comment:

Wm. said...

No genius. Just looking for a freebie cd.