Thursday, May 10, 2007

Up Up and Awake!



Wakey’z Drugmall launched today!!!

Wakey’z is a project I’ve been working on for some months now. It’s part of a Select Comfort campaign that positions their Sleep Number beds as a better alternative to the crazy wake-aids and sleep-aids Americans use to make up for poor sleep.

The funny thing about creating the over-the-top inventory of products for Wakey’z is that the more research we did, the more actual insane products we encountered. I mean, you can actually buy caffeinated beer, caffeinated mints, caffeinated donuts, caffeinated breath strips, caffeinated soap (!) and even an energy drink called Cocaine.

While it was tough to create even crazier products, we feel we did a pretty great job. And while the products are not real, you CAN pick up some Wakey’s swag at Wakey’z Wear. See if you can guess which t-shirt is my favorite.

Some of my favorite Wakey’z products are:


Morn Horn, alarm clock amplifier


Resteban, The Sleep-Inducing Teddy Bear


Bum Rush, stimulant laxative (The #2 Wake-Aid!)


ChloroFoam, sleep masks

2 comments:

Wm. said...

So I finally had a few minutes to go through the entire site. Wow! You really outdid yourself.

My plan was to list all of my favorites but the list was getting too long. I do think my favorite it the Sausa-Jolts. "Put some torque in your pork" is the best.

This stuff rules. I'm seriously thinking about buying a shirt. And it's too bad I don't have an infant anymore because the infant apparel is hilarious.

I didn't have a product suggestion but thought that a screen saver montage of all of the product pictures and descriptions would be great. You know, to keep your computer from going to sleep.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so they PAY you to do this kind of thing?? wow. You DO have a dream job! Just kidding, that's an awesome site!! very, very, very amusing.
Awesome, Blossom.
Paula